Leadership and Development Course
In the present day society many young people still lack employable skills. These are skills, attitudes and actions that could enable them to create or exploit available job opportunities, get a job, get along with co-workers and employer to make sound, critical decisions to help them keep their job. Young people may be academically qualified yet not useful to any industry due to lack of employable skills. Unfortunately, often times only few youths who desire to develop these skills find the opportunities to do so.
To assist in tackling this problem, IYCS Africa continues to create opportunities for young people in Kenya and from across Africa to attend a leadership formation and development course, internship & volunteer at the regional IYCS office in Nairobi.
Objectives of the Training
The objective of the leadership training course is:
- Expose young people to real work environment
- Provide them with the opportunities to learn,
- Design projects and how to manage them,
- Help young people discover employment and networking avenues.
The 2018 Leadership Development Course was conducted from 30th April to 15th June, the course was attend by 4 National Leaders from the National Movements of Benin, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho and Mali.
The topics covered in this year’s LDC included:
- Understanding the IYCS
- Office administration and management
- Organizational leadership
- Project Planning and Management
- Conflict resolution and transformation
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Basics of Information Communication Technology (ICT) skills
- Action Planning and Team Building