IYCS Africa Proposed Leadership Centre
To assist in tackling the problem of lack of employability skills and extending the IYCS Africa leadership formation and development course in order to create more opportunities for young people in Kenya and from across Africa.
IYCS Africa has proposed to construct a Leadership Training Centre aimed at expanding the opportunities for more young people to be admitted for the quarterly Leadership development course (LDC) in Nairobi. The Center will provide youth with the skills and opportunities to address their main concerns which will have a positive impact on the overall global society, prepare the ground for a social, political and economic arena where all the stakeholders contribute for a wealthy and equitable society in Africa.
To engage YCS members and former members in raising funds locally towards the realization of this project, the Coordination Team launched a 10$ T-shirt Campaign at the regional level. We also call upon our partners, well wishes and all persons of good will to join hands together in support of this project to create more space to harness potential of young people through transformative Leadership towards Sustainable Development in Africa.
The proposed Center will be:
- essential in offering stronger and more integrated support services to the youth;
- charged to build the capacity of youth and youth led organizations to integrate learning, experience sharing within a multicultural environment and with engagement through service and related training initiatives;
- provide curricular support in addressing all type of mutation
- position the IYCS Africa as a leader in efforts to offer young people a space of their integral development.
The Center will have the capacity to:
- establish and maintain long term, sustainable, mutually transformative partnerships across youth and youth organization;
- expand into new, relevant programming areas;
- garner external funding in support of the training with curricular engagement